Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow at Disney World...And We Ran a Half-Marathon In It!


Just got back from Walt Disney World, where it is was freezing degrees! My hubby and I kept checking the weather report before we went and every time we did, it just got colder. When they showed snow, sleet and freezing rain for the morning of the half-marathon, we couldn't believe it, but we figured we better wear a few extra layers anyway. Well, we get up at 2:15 AM, yes I said AM, to grab a bagel and catch the bus to Epcot, where the race started, and sure enough, it was freezing cold and snowing! Okay, so we don't usually run if it's too cold, but we signed up, so we were going to run it and we did! We wore three shirts, including an Under Armour Cold Gear one, a zip-up hoodie, and wore two pairs of running pants! Honestly, the snow wasn't that bad, but when it turned to sleet, then freezing rain about two miles into the run, that wasn't really too fun. I mean, we had fun, but I could have done without the wintry mix, thank you very much! LOL!

*hugs*

1 comment:

Kayelle Allen said...

Excuse me, but I thought you said "snow at Disney World." I thoughtFlorida was the sunshine capitol of the world. Kudos to you for running anyway!

You rock.