Thirteen Fun Facts about Oreo Cookies!
1. There's a street in New York City named after them called Oreo Way. It's where the first Oreo cookie was made at the original Nabisco factory.
2. The first cookies had a wreath embossed around the edge and the name OREO in the center.
3. It's the world's favorite and best selling cookie.
4. Oreo is owned by Kraft Foods.
5. Oreo cookies can be found in over 100 countries.
6. Oreo cookies are most popular in the US, followed by China, Venezuela and Canada.
7. Fifty percent of people who eat Oreo cookies pull them apart, lick the cream, then funk them in milk before eating them.
8. Women who eat Oreo cookies pull them apart, lick and dunk more than men.
9. Oreo cookies are mad in twenty-one bakeries around the world.
10. Oreo has more than twenty-five million fans on Facebook.
11. The first Double Stuff was introduced in 1974.
12. Oreo cookies were first used in ice ream in 1983.
13. Oreos come in a variety of flavors around the world. You can get green tea ice cream flavored Oreos in China, blueberry ice cream flavor in Indonesia and a combo of banana and dulce de leche in Argentina.
Links to other Thursday Thireens! (Leave your link with Mr. Linky when you comment!)